1.06.2008

A Day of Skiing



Today turned out to be a great day for skiing. Although it was gray and cloudy temperatures were in the 30's! This allowed us to get a full half-day of skiing in with the kids at Jay Peak Resort. Dave grew up skiing and so he is thrilled that soon we will all be able to ski together on harder trails. I learned in high school and was never really very good. Dave has patiently taught me how to turn well and I am much better than I ever was when I was younger. All 4 of us started together on the magic carpet so the kids could readjust themselves to skiis this season. After about an hour they were ready to move to the Beginners Trail. We rode the chair lift together and enjoyed being able to see where we would be going. Kieran is able to move and turn on his own, allowing him to ski independently. Ayla needs Dave or I to ski with her, usually this is Dave since she is "Daddie's girl".

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm thinking Ayla knows which parent can actually TEACH her to ski. LOL

Unknown said...

"Not very good?" NOOOOO! Really? You could do a mean snowplow when you weren't rolling down the hill!

The Shea Family said...

Yes, but just so we are clear who are the "friends" that taught me to ski??????