2.03.2008

The things that come back to HAUNT us...

A parenting story:
Kieran has decided he really wants a Nintendo DS Lite, he has asked for one for his birthday. So I look into it and its almost $200.00! (Never mind that each game is like $40-50.00). So Dave and I talk and we decide that we don't want to just buy him one, that we want him to understand that it's an expensive toy, blah, blah.

This morning we tell him that we will not be getting him one for his birthday but that he can pick a chore to do each week AND OR day and we will pay him until he earns enough money to buy his own.
He decides to get the chicken eggs each day (that's twice a day). So we agree and tell him "end of discussion".

Soon he realizes what he has just agreed to....meaning he needs to go outside into the cold....here comes the temper tantrum (he's just like me :-), he says, "I don't want to go outside in the cold I want to switch my chore". Of course the answer is "that's fine, but then realize you will not have any money for the DS lite". Here comes the part that you will all love:

"you're so mean, get me a DS lite right now"!

OH THE THINGS THAT COME BACK TO HAUNT US!!!!

1 comment:

Heather McHugh said...

Get him Pong and say "Isn't this what you wanted?"