So our very good friend is a game warden. Last night a poor deer was hit by a car in the back end and ended up dying. Since all of the meat was good on it Bob called up Dave and asked him if he wanted the venison. Bob and Dave then skinned and cut the deer in the garage. The kids really enjoyed being able to watch. If you are faint of heart these are pictures you want to skip. I have posted them here for our hunting friends. Thanks Bob.

The deer when he arrived

Ayla talking to the deer

Bob hanging the deer

The end process.
It is really quite an amazing experience to watch. It has been a number of years since I have really eaten meat but I have been known to eat the meat when Dave has grown it and I know it is safe. This was just as spellbinding to really understand where your food comes from.
1 comment:
Running to the bathroom to puke now.
Post a Comment